- What information is collected by BLD
- How we may use and share information
- How we protect the information
- How you may contact BLD
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We receive and may keep information voluntarily given to us when you decided to make an BLD purchase, register on an BLD website, take part in a special promotion, or provide any other information or unique preferences to better serve you. This information may include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Your e-mail address
- Your credit card, BLD Gift Card
- Proof of your identity
- *Any other information that BLD may voluntarily collect from you from time to time on its website or through alternate means. It might also include information you provide us about other people. For example, you may provide us with some of the same information as above (name and address) for a merchandise gift recipient. When you provide us with personal information about the intended recipient of a shipment, we use that information for the purposes of processing the shipment and, in some cases, to communicate with the intended recipient to provide information pertaining to the status of the shipment. We rely on you to obtain the intended recipient's consent to our use of their personal information for these limited purposes.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources such as updated address information. This information may help us to improve our ability to serve your needs such as ensuring the accurate delivery of direct mail materials.
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit one of our websites. For your convenience, to help us personalize your experience or better serve your needs, we may receive and store certain types of information when you visit one of our websites. You may be familiar with the term "cookies." These cookies may be placed on your computer when you click on an BLD e-mail, banner, or on the site directly. We use this information to understand how users navigate to and around our websites, view product pages, access content and make purchases.
ONCE INFORMATION IS RECEIVED, HOW IS IT USED AND/OR SHARED?
Information we collect from you may be shared between all points of contact within BLD and its subsidiaries. We use this information to offer you special offers, new products, and services and may share your information with sister companies. In addition, BLD may use such information to:
- Provide you with timely and reliable fulfillment of requests
- Do all things necessary to administer those services
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Register you on bloominglotusdesigns.org
- Facilitate payment for your purchases
- Confirm your orders and delivery information
- Respond to your customer service inquiries or requests
- Communicate offers, benefits and featured items to you Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your shopping experience and other uses as determined by BLD
When you fill out one of our forms or other requests for information, you may choose to receive e-mail that informs you about new merchandise in our stores or online, as well as special offers and promotions. In addition, we may send you e-mails to help us learn more about you and your preferences. If, after you have shared your e-mail address with BLD, you decide that you do not want to receive e-mail from BLD, you have several options to let us know of your preferences:
- You can go to bloominglotusdesigns.org, access your Account profile, uncheck the box marked "Newsletter" and follow the instructions
- You can discontinue promotional e-mails by clicking on the hyperlink shown in all BLD e-mails and follow the instructions to indicate your unsubscribe preference
- Contact BLD customer relations as set forth below
Our Policy on gathering information from and communicating with children online We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children. Pursuant to COPPA guidelines, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org BLD makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. BLD uses industry standard security techniques on our websites to help protect against the loss, misuse or modification of information that you have provided. When you access your personal information or transmit personally identifiable data to us, that information is stored on servers that we have used commercially reasonable efforts to protect from unauthorized access or intrusion. While we implement the above security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible.